Monday, May 2, 2011
Ten Mistakes to Avoid When Submitting Photos to Stock Photo Sites
A quick and easy way to make money with your photos is by submitting them to stock photo sites online. You can start earning money with the photos that are already in your hard drive; you don't even have to take new photos right away.
If you want a step-by-step guide to monetizing your digital photos through stock photo sites and other ways, check out Turn Your Photos Into Cash.
Meantime, you can get started right now. But do make sure you don't make these 10 mistakes when you submit photos in stock photo sites:
1. Submitting low-quality photos. Don't waste your time and energy. Nobody wants blurred, under-exposed and other types of low-quality photos.
2. Not doing keyword research. The right keyword list can make or break the profitability of your photos.
3. Submitting photos that you don't own. You can get into real big trouble for doing this.
4. Submitting photos of people without a "model waiver." Know when you need a model waiver and always get one when necessary.
5. Submitting photos of objects owned by other people without a "property waiver." This is another legal requirement you should be aware of to avoid future headaches.
6. Submitting photos that don't meet the stock photo site's standards. You may think your photo is perfect but each site has its own standards, including minimum size, etc. Double check before submitting.
7. Submitting photos that have unwanted elements. Some items are simply unacceptable in photos. Find out which ones they are and either edit them out or avoid them altogether.
8. Submitting photos to stock photo sites which require exclusive contracts. Don't submit to these sites.
9. Submitting photos of mundane objects. Why bother when demand is low and they're all over the web already?
10. Submitting over-edited photos. Over-editing can drastically reduce the quality of your photos, causing them to be rejected.
If you want more detailed guidance on submitting to stock photo sites, I recommend Turn Your Photos Into Cash.
Aside from making money on stock photo sites, this fact-filled Ebook teaches a number of other ways you to turn digital photography from a hobby to a home business - a profitable one at that.
Click here to find out more about Turn Your Photos Into Cash.